Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Buddy System!!

The buddy I chose is my best friend.....the person who knows me the best in this world, my twin sister Nakita Perdue!! The weekly business meeting was wonderful! I got a chance to express all my emotions and frustrations and she totally understood me!


Step One: I discussed with her all the steps I have accomplished towards my goal. I not only discussed the goals I have accomplished this passed week, but all the steps and actions I have taken towards my goals.

Step Two: I showed her her my flow chart and planning wall and explained where I am now on the chart. I also mentioned where I am currently stuck and not moving in the whole process. I am currently stuck trying to find a GRE prep class so I can start preparing for the examination. Not being able to take the examination pushes back the following steps on the planning wall. To explain, not being able to take the test prohibits me from filling out my graduate school applications before the deadline which is December 1. SO THIS MEANS I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING GRADUATE SCHOOL UNTIL 2011......(SAD FACE). After explaining this issue to my sister she suggested that a take the practice exam and see which area I need to study more in and buy study materials and self study for the exam. She also mentioned that she would talk to her internship to see if they (Kaplin) have any opening for the summer. This is a good opportunity because if students intern with Kaplin for a semester then they will pay for you to take a preparatory course for FREE!!! So I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed for that privilege. So if things do not work out the way I want them to then I will be pressing back the dates on my flow chart/planning wall. So until I go to graduate school I will be volunteering at different agencies and gaining awesome relative work experience to take with me to whatever graduate program I attend.

Step Three: I have not come up with any news ideas or neccessary steps to add to the flow chart/plaaning wall....

Step Four: The problem that I came across that is holding up my whole process is finding a GRE prep score.....I have talked to advisors, friends, different departments on campus and still no luck in finding a class. So maybe I need to get the study materials and practice on my own possibly with a study friends.

Step Five: Next week's plan is to continue searching for a GRE prep course, continuing contacting more role models, and research more graduate programs.


I would not neccessarily call her my role models but I spoke with my psychology advisor about graduate school and she was givng me advise about different Master programs and sharing her graduate school experience. It turned out to be a good conversation and she gave me some material to read about all the graduate programs in the states.

1 comment:

  1. its okay..you can get some experience out in the world. :)..oh n your got a .5 because of assg 8. you only had one interview

    ReplyDelete